1. Tsenkov, P., Howlett, J., Whalley, M., Schulein, G., Takahashi, M., Rhinehart, M., Mettler, B., “A System for 3D Autonomous Rotorcraft Navigation in Urban Environments,” AIAA Guidance, Navigation and Control Conference, Honolulu, HI, August 2008.
2. Whalley, M., Takahashi, M., Tsenkov, P., Schulein, G., Goerzen, C., “Field-Testing of a Helicopter Obstacle Field Navigation and Landing System,” AHS 65th Annual Forum, Grapevine, TX, May 2009.
3. Mettler, B., Kong, Z., Goerzen, C., Whalley, M., “Benchmarking of Obstacle Field Navigation Algorithms for Autonomous Helicopters,” AHS 66th Annual Forum, Phoenix, AZ, May 2010.
4. Goerzen, C., Whalley, M., “Minimal Risk Motion Planning: A New Planner for Autonomous UAVs in Uncertain Environments,” AHS International Specialists Meeting on Unmanned Rotorcraft, Tempe, AZ, January 2011.
5. Goerzen, C., Whalley, M., "Sensor Requirements for Autonomous Flight," International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Philadelphia, PA, June 2012.
6. Whalley, M., Takahashi, M., Fletcher, J., Moralez III, E., Ott, C., Olmstead, M., Savage, J., Goerzen, C., Schulein, G., Burns, H., Conrad, B., "Autonomous Black Hawk in Flight: Obstacle Field Navigation and Landing-site Selection on the RASCAL JUH-60A," Journal of Field Robotics, Vol. 31, Issue 4, pp. 591-616, July/August 2014.